Re: mime_lookup

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 04:49:58PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> The log files appear as follows when I 'v'iew attachments:-
>
>     fserror.log                      [applica/octet-stre, base64, 33K]
>
> So what do I put in .mailcap to handle this?  It appears to be handled

Depends on what you want to do with those *.log files.

I have some huge (2-4MB), self-made archive files that I want to have
loaded and be interactively searchable quickly.  I use a mime.type/mailcap
pair "text/x-archive arc"/"text/x-archive; /usr/local/bin/most +s -k %s"
to do that.  (Probably need "copius output" if you were to use something
like that with mutt).  Just change arc to log, and archive to whatever
you want.  Then replace most with whatever action(s) you want to take on
your *.log files.  [No guarantees.]

--
henry nelson