Re: your subject-less mail

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 07:12:05AM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> > > I'd think so too, but take a look at how many Outlookers appear on our
> > > list.
> > >
> > If there are any why make their lives difficult, aren't they more
> > likely to use mutt if we're nice to them?   :-)
>
> That's one way to look at it.

Quite a valid and likely to be true one as well!   :-)

>                                 Another possibility is that they're
> more likely to stop using Outlook if they see how many neat features it
> provides to others and how few it provides to them.  Most of them aren't
> likely to switch directly to Mutt anyway, but at least they might switch
> to a more standards-friendly GUI MUA.  That's the first step on the road
> to Mutt :-)

Not a terribly plausible scenario IMHO, they're much more likely to be
annoyed and just go somewhere else.  You may well feel that's a good
thing but I don't think that's a very positive way of looking at
things.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)