Re: your subject-less mail

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 04:33:51PM EST, Mutt-user wrote:

> I have heard someone using mutt to access newsgroups as well, is that
> nice? How would I do that?

Search around for NNTP patches.  There are at least a couple floating around.

> Also, I sometimes use pine too for some features not in mutt,

like what?

It is my belief that any feature Pine provides can be provided with
some Mutt-tweaking.

> can I use
> both pine and mutt and even Sylpheed-claws to access the same mboxes, tho
> at different times and not simultaneously?

yup

> I do not know why, but sending an attachment with a message always never
> makes it to the recipient. I mean, they get the message okay but without
> the attachment. What do I need to do?

Try sending me something with an attachment, and let's work from there.

> I am on quite a few mailing lists and I would like to use mutt to read
> them. Is it possible with mutt to set it to fetch only messages matching a
> filter and delete the rest?

Mutt doesn't have top-flight IMAP support currently.  (In fact, it's
rather subpar IMHO, but I haven't stepped up to the task of recoding it,
so I can't complain.)  You can change that, of course ;-)

> Like, to keep all the messages which have my
> e-mail address in them and delete the rest?

Mutt can do just that without any special IMAP functionality, though.
Have a peek at the folder-hook section of TFM :-)

> If yes, can someone please
> tell me how do I go about this?

I'm sure someone can, but RTFMing is a lot more fun than being spoonfed ;-P

> I'm new to mutt and would appreciate if someone could put light on these.

We were all new to Mutt at some point.  The one thing most of those who
know anything have in common, though, is that none of them were spoonfed
too much.

 - Dave

BTW - After you're done reading the Mutt manual, you'll probably want
to read up a bit [1] about my config [2], which is highly optimized for
mailing lists.  AFAIK, no other Mutt configuration provides many of the
features [3] present in mine.

[1]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/mutt/muttdir/README

[2]