Re: your subject-less mail

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 08:35:38AM EST, Nicolas Rachinsky wrote:
> * David Yitzchak Cohen <lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-02-22 02:05
> -0500]:

> > Think of it this way: my posts serve as a wakeup call to those who haven't
> > yet decided to learn how to use Mutt properly.  They must learn to either
> > ignore me, or to filter out my headers.  Much good comes from the latter,
> > and the former can't hurt.
>
> I can't help it, but this reminds me of spam advertising spam
> filters.

;-)

> I don't see any use in most of your X- headers. For example the MS
> specific headers aren't of much use on this list.

I'd think so too, but take a look at how many Outlookers appear on our list.

> Why do you need
> to include three unusable links to your GPG Key?

nuked

> Why do you need
> to tell everybody in every mail how geek you are, or what OS you
> want to use?

ditto

> I don't think you really need to explain your address
> in every mail.

same as above

> And I really think, everybody who sees your headers
> and might want to ignore them already knows which he wants to ignore,
> so you don't have to list them all once again.

That last header allows people to automatically filter all my funny
headers from any given mail on-the-fly.  A while ago, I demonstrated a
rather insecure way of using that header automatically.  The same thing
can be done in production, as long as proper checks are done before
acceptance of the header.

> Why don't you list all the headers you ever wanted to include in your
> on your homepage. Then you can remove them from your mails and replace
> them by one header with an URL pointing to your headers.

done :-)

Thanks for your feedback, as always,
 - Dave

Please visit this link: