Re: limiting to threads

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 11:17:50AM -0500, Allister MacLeod wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 07:50:48PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> > I'd like to do t his in one step:  directly limit to all threads
> > containng a message with the search term in the appropriate place.
> > I've looked through the manual and sdon't see an obvious way to do
> > it.  Any of you gurus have more of those brilliant suggestions?
>
> Somebody recently mentioned a patch about whole threads.  Nicolas
> Rachinsky's threadcomplete patch. [1]  I haven't looked at it to see
> whether it would be good for you; hopefully you don't mind if I leave
> that as a task for the reader.  :-)

Well, I think it _would_ be useful.  Something like: Tag matt price
--> tag ~a (=all messages in threads with tagged messages) --> limit
~T.  but I'm a bit chicken about patching mutt (it works now, I've
messed up so many other things on my computer, etc., etc....)  Also
I'm sorta supposed to be, like, doing my job and stuff. So I think
I'll wait till things are a bit less hectic to work on this one.
Thanks though!
matt