Re: limiting to threads

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 07:50:48PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> I use the 'limit' command a lot, like most people.  Sometimes Im
> checking a high volume list to see if any of the threads I'm involved
> in have responses.  So I do:
>
> l matt price
>
> which usually pulls up all the messages I've written and a few more.
> then
> l .
>
> gets me the whole thread of the message Im interested in...

What about a macro that does "<limit>matt price<limit>."?  I guess
that would only retrieve the one thread that your indicator ends up
sitting on after the first limit.

> I'd like to do t his in one step:  directly limit to all threads
> containng a message with the search term in the appropriate place.
> I've looked through the manual and sdon't see an obvious way to do
> it.  Any of you gurus have more of those brilliant suggestions?

Somebody recently mentioned a patch about whole threads.  Nicolas
Rachinsky's threadcomplete patch. [1]  I haven't looked at it to see
whether it would be good for you; hopefully you don't mind if I leave
that as a task for the reader.  :-)

Cheers,
 Allister

[1] http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas/mutt.html