Re: limiting to threads

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 11:17:50AM EST, Allister MacLeod wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 07:50:48PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:

> > I use the 'limit' command a lot, like most people.  Sometimes Im
> > checking a high volume list to see if any of the threads I'm involved
> > in have responses.  So I do:
> >
> > l matt price
> >
> > which usually pulls up all the messages I've written and a few more.
> > then
> > l .
> >
> > gets me the whole thread of the message Im interested in...
>
> What about a macro that does "<limit>matt price<limit>."?  I guess
> that would only retrieve the one thread that your indicator ends up
> sitting on after the first limit.

The other option that hits me off-hand is to just tag-pattern whatever
you want ("matt price"), and then search for ~T.  (In the particular case
of looking for stuff you sent off, ~P in the search does the trick with
no need for the tag-pattern.)  You'll then have the entire thread right
there (if you're sorting by threads), and when you're ready to move on,
you can just type 'n' to find-next.  I know, it's not as even half as
pretty as limiting, but it Gets The Job Done (TM).

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel