limiting to threads

hey everyone,

I use the 'limit' command a lot, like most people.  Sometimes Im
checking a high volume list to see if any of the threads I'm involved
in have responses.  So I do:

l matt price

which usually pulls up all the messages I've written and a few more.
then
l .

gets me the whole thread of the message Im interested in...

I'd like to do t his in one step:  directly limit to all threads
containng a message with the search term in the appropriate place.
I've looked through the manual and sdon't see an obvious way to do
it.  Any of you gurus have more of those brilliant suggestions?

thanks,

matt