Re: Fun With Alternates (was: Re: Reply-To header problem)

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 11:33:29AM EST, Payal Rathod wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 04:24:05PM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> > @(blah.com|goo\.org)
> > @((blah|goo)\.com)
> > @((.+\.)?(blah|goo)\.com)
>
> Great. Seem so easy to look at.

Those patterns really aren't ideal if you're gonna use 'em directly.
These are much better:
@(blah.com|goo\.org)$
@((blah|goo)\.com)$
@((.+\.)?(blah|goo)\.com)$

> > > BTW, my original problem is still not solved. Any ideas on that?
> >
> > I don't think anybody actually understood your original problem ;^)
>
> Well, the original problem was that with my a list with Reply-To set,
> the "alternates" is of no use. It works with all lists except those
> lists with Reply-To set. Can someone explain this?

Let's see if I get this right:
When a list email with a "Reply-To:" header pointing to the list itself
arrives, $alternates has no effect.  (What effect were you expecting it
to have?)

Can someone please explain the problem?  I'm starting to feel awfully
dense here :-(

Thanks guys,
 - Dave

Please visit this link: