Re: please explain purpose of pgp_decode_command/pgp_good_sign

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 02:20:26PM EST, Alain Bench wrote:
>  On Wednesday, December 17, 2003 at 7:06:47 AM -0500,
>  David Thorburn-Gundlach wrote:

> >| [-- PGP output follows -- Wed Dec 17 07:02:09 2003 --]gpg: encrypted with
> >     1024-bit ELG-E key, ID 8FB53BB7, created 2001-09-18
> >|       "Rene Clerc"
> > The only thing that I see here that could use improvement is the first
> > line of "gpg:" output being right against the "PHP output follows..."
> > header line.
>
>     Seems a feature of patch-1.3.27.sec.pgp_shorten.1 by Stefan Zehl, it
> removes some newlines here and there to shorten verticaly the PIP
> display and gain up to 3 lines for the mail's text.

Another option is my filter_gpg_output script [1].  To use it, you'll
first need to XMLify the email, and you'll need to unXMLify the result
before displaying it in the Mutt pager.  For an example of its use, have
a peek at [2].  The result is something like this in the Mutt pager when
looking at my last post to mutt-users: