please explain purpose of pgp_decode_command/pgp_good_sign

I have read lots of docs on using PGP and/or GPG in mutt.

To just sign emails, I can just set pgp_sign_command, pgp_good_sign
and pgp_decode_command.  Only 3 extra lines in .muttrc if I'm not
mistaken.....

My question is this, it is clear what pgp_sign_command is
for but what does pgp_decode_command and pgp_good_sign do?

Why do I need to "decode" my email if I'm just signing??
There is a pgp_decrypt_command so decode does NOT mean decryption.

Also, what is need for pgp_good_sign??

Chris
--
_______________________________________