Re: vi/vim/elvis/* (was "Re: Strip SIG on reply")

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 08:01:25AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> ...and then David Yitzchak Cohen said...

> % One particular annoyance I just came across while trying to edit this
> % message with VIM is that historical VI beeps when you're at the last word,
> % while VIM insists on going to the last char.
>
> I don't get it...  When does vi beep and when does it not go to the last
> char?

Try editing this message.  Now, hold down the W key, and don't let go
until the cursor stops moving.  If you're in elvis, it'll start beeping
with the cursor on the beginning of the URL below.  If you're in VIM,
it'll simply stop moving the cursor once it's on the "l" at the very end
of the URL (which it has no right to be on - I didn't tell it to go to
the end of the current word).

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel