Re: How to change From: and other headers according to language

* David Yitzchak Cohen <lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-05-03 05:54]:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:19:56PM +0100, René Clerc wrote:
>
> > * David Yitzchak Cohen <lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-12-2003 12:16]:
> >
> > > What's a reply-hook?  I can't find it anywhere :-(
> >
> > Read the manual.
>
> http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-4.html#ss4.4
>
> That area lists nothing called a reply-hook.  Would somebody care to
> point me to the section in the manual that mentions reply-hook?  I
> _still_ can't find it anywhere (and the manual isn't a single web page,
> making it difficult to search).
>
> Thanks for being useless,

Being your usual self (not a good thing).

FTFM:

3.17.  Change settings based upon message recipients

Usage: reply-hook [!]pattern command Usage: send-hook [!]pattern
command

These commands can be used to execute arbitrary configuration commands
based upon recipients of the message.  pattern is a regular expression
matching the desired address.  command is executed when regexp matches
recipients of the message.

reply-hook is matched against the message you are replying to, instead of
the message you are sending.  send-hook is matched against all messages,
both new and replies.  Note: reply-hooks are matched before the
send-hook, regardless of the order specified in the users's configuration
file.

For each type of send-hook or reply-hook, When multiple matches occur,
commands are executed in the order they are specified in the muttrc (for
that type of hook).

See `Message Matching in Hooks'' for information on the exact format of
pattern.

Example: send-hook mutt "set mime_forward signature=''"

Another typical use for this command is to change the values of the
`$attribution'', `$signature'' and `$locale'' variables in order to
change the language of the attributions and signatures based upon the
recipients.

Note: the send-hook's are only executed ONCE after getting the initial
list of recipients.  Adding a recipient after replying or editing the
message will NOT cause any send-hook to be executed.  Also note that
my_hdr commands which modify recipient headers, or the message's subject,
don't have any effect on the current message when executed from a
send-hook.