How to change From: and other headers according to language

(making this a new thread since original one has been answered)

I've been trying reply-hook's and send-hook's like:
   '~h "(iso-2022-jp|euc-jp)"' my_hdr 'From: \"MyJaName\" <netb@xxxxxxxxxx>'
but I get the error that 'h' is not supported in this mode.

Another idea I had is to stick in an 'X-label' with procmail/formail and
then try a ~y, but I'd rather not get procmail involved (even if 'y' were
to work in send/reply mode).

Anyone have a sleek way of changing headers according to language in Mutt?
What I've seen in the manual are patterns based on To: and such.

henry nelson