Re: set editor, switching from vim to emacs

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 04:07:51AM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:43:01PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
>
> > Now that puts me in mind of doing the same thing with xvile, there's a
> > vile equivalent of emacsclient called vileget.
>
> <rant purpose="to pick a fight">
> /me notes that elvis needs no elvisclient because the real elvis pops up
> faster than GNU ed, and GNU screen + pipes allows you to do all sorts of
> fancy copy/cut/paste ops between chat programs, email programs, editors,
> and web browsers.  The EMACS approach would have you run all of the
> above from within EMACS to achieve the same copy/paste functionality.
> (LISP programmers know the value of everything, but the cost of nothing.
> C programmers are a very different breed.)
> </rant>

vile and xvile are also pretty quick to load and I usually fire up a
new copy each time I use them.  However it's sometimes very useful to
be able to load files from another application into a single copy of
the editor (e.g. some development environments and source code
manangement systems).

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)