Re: set editor, switching from vim to emacs

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:43:01PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:

> Now that puts me in mind of doing the same thing with xvile, there's a
> vile equivalent of emacsclient called vileget.

<rant purpose="to pick a fight">
/me notes that elvis needs no elvisclient because the real elvis pops up
faster than GNU ed, and GNU screen + pipes allows you to do all sorts of
fancy copy/cut/paste ops between chat programs, email programs, editors,
and web browsers.  The EMACS approach would have you run all of the
above from within EMACS to achieve the same copy/paste functionality.
(LISP programmers know the value of everything, but the cost of nothing.
C programmers are a very different breed.)
</rant>

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel