Re: mailcap entries ignore filename/extension mismatches

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:54:47PM -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:
:
: On 2003-11-18, Eugene Lee <list-mutt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
: >
: > I've run into an annoying problem, but I didn't find anything in the
: > list archives.  I get pictures sent from Outlook Express users.  Each
: > picture attachment starts with a MIME header like so:
: >
: >     Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
: >             name="SomePicture.jpg"
: >     Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
: >     Content-Disposition: attachment;
: >             filename="SomePicture.jpg"
:
: There are a couple of solutions to this, described here:
:
:     http://www.spocom.com/users/gjohnson/mutt/#octet

Ahhh, thank you!  I've already started playing with Mutt 1.5.x, so it
was a no-brainer to go with "mime_lookup application/octet-stream" vs.
using an external program.