Re: set editor, switching from vim to emacs

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:42:20AM +0100, Konstantin Kletschke wrote:

> > > Yes of course, sorry for that. I realize now an advantage of
> > > emacslient, I can see your mail headers in the other aterm :)
>
> The Problem is, when subscribing to a list the mutt mailing_lists
> directive has to be extended, always forgotten by me. When remembering
> the "L" it complains "No mailing lists found" so I got use to these
> CCing the ml itself by hand...

<plug type="shameless">
Well, my solution is rather simple: I have a data file [1] where I list
info about mailing lists.  Now, there's more of an incentive to update
that data file, since it also provides an alias for the mailing list
(starting with ml_), so the list-post function (for which I believe a
patch's been floating around) becomes unnecessary.  (I also intend to add
a tiny little script to update the lists file from within Mutt when you
identify a mailing-list message (by binding it to a key).)  That file's
used to construct the actual RC file for the lists [2] by a script [3].
A makefile [4] handles all the mechanics.
</plug>

HTH,
 - Dave

[1]