Re: set editor, switching from vim to emacs

Yai!

Thanks all of you for your kind help :)

I hope this mail gets referenced right under the whole thread.
I thank you for your help, I am new to emacs and read all your mails
carefully and used tips here and there from everyone. If someone is
interested I will try to explain what I have done...

I installed mutt.el, muttrc-mode.el and post.el and "emacsclient %s"
does the trick now. Thats the short story. Also Header and signature
highlightning is OK now, very good. Also my :) gets highlighted, very
nifty.

What I simply did not understood when mailing the 1st mail was, that my
long editor line (the sed and awk and print stuff) calculated the line
postition, I misunderstood the %s somehow and thought it is the mutt
provided line number to start instead of the filename, how stupid.

Now and finally emacs starts with an emty line after the headers also,
very good.

I also investigated the difference between gnuclient and emacsclient,
the gnuclient thing is interesting, but I don't get xemacs to hardly
highlight anything under console :(

But in general I must say emacs does some things out of the box more
correct which I had customized vim to to so in hard work.

Regards, Konsti

PS.: (great, highlighted PS.: and (text in braces!)) I see emacs gods
are here, how to get rid of menubar with emacs -nw? Is, when switched
of, F10 still usable? Also there is an Option when mouse pasting that
text it pasted at cursor position, not where clicked to... But becaus
totally offtopic ignore that, I have to fiddle around with these small
details, since my emacs experience now lasts only for some hours...

--
2.6.0-test8-love3
Konstantin Kletschke <konsti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <konsti@xxxxxxxxx>