Re: Detecting new mail in mbox format

On 2009-04-28, Rocco Rutte <pdmef@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2009-04-26, Wolf Wiegand <wolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> > I am using this to check for new mail on an IMAP server:
>> >
>> >  bind index G imap-fetch-mail
>> >  bind pager G imap-fetch-mail
>
>> Does it check the current folder, or the "inbox"?  I don't seem
>> to be able to find imap-fetch-mail in the manual:
>
> It checks the currently opened folder only.

Cool.  That's what I want to be able to do -- though I also
would like to be able to do it for maildir folders.

>> Is it documented somewhere?
>
> No, not really, except in development version's manual's reference section.
> The description reads: "force retrieval of mail from IMAP server" which is
> even not optimal.

I was hoping that the description/name were wrong: I don't what
the mail "fetched" or "retreived", since I leave all my mail on
the server.  I just want it to check for new mail and update
the index display.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! YOU PICKED KARL
                                  at               MALDEN'S NOSE!!