Re: Detecting new mail in mbox format

On 2009-04-25, Chris Jones <cjns1989@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 09:46:42AM EDT, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
> [..]
>
>> I too expected "$" to check for new mail in the current folder,
>> but quickly realized it doesn't.  I've often wished there was a
>> simple way to check for new mail. I usually just "change
>> folders" to the current folder to get mutt to check for new
>> mail.  It's a bit clumsy, but it works.
>
> buffy-list .. list mailboxes with  new mail

 1) That's not what I said I wanted to do.  I don't want to
    check "mailboxes" for new mail.  I want to check the
    current folder for new messages.

 2) I just tried it, and it does nothing. It's bound to '.'.
    When I hit '.' absolutely nothing happens. No IMAP commands
    are sent to server to check either the current folder or
    the folders in the "mailboxes" list.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Hello?  Enema Bondage?
                                  at               I'm calling because I want