Re: Detecting new mail in mbox format

Hi,

* Grant Edwards wrote:

> I've never said mutt had any problems detecting new mail when
> it checks.  The problem is it doesn't check when you hit "$" or
> "." or anything else.

Well, that's not a problem or bug, these functions do what they're
supposed to and this excludes checking for new mail.

> It sort of annoying to have to "change
> folder" to the current folder so that you can read a message
> that's been sitting being ignored by mutt.

For the current folder, it should only depend on $mail_check and
$timeout in the index. This has always worked for me without changing
folders. With mail_check=15 and timeout=90 mutt should tell you about
new mail after 90 seconds being idle.

Rocco