Re: How to send a return receipt

=- Derek Martin wrote on Wed 17.Oct'07 at  7:33:46 -0400 -=

> Being able to say, "Mutt can do that, if you write a script to do
> it, and write a macro to invoke the script and..." does not
> constitute support for a feature in Mutt. Mutt should implement
> features that are commonly implemented in other mailers so that
> users of Mutt can interoperate with people who don't use Mutt,
> which is by far the majority of mail users.

Hmm, why should mutt aim for the masses rather than the quality?

> Mutt's claim is that it sucks less than all other mailers, which was
> once true; but IMO with each new feature that other mailers implement
> that Mutt does not, this becomes less and less the case, and I'm not
> sure if that is still true anymore.

I say it depends on what those features are.
Not all that is popular demand is desirable to make it a habit for all.

> {...} I think the ONLY reason I still use mutt is because I do
> most of my personal mail reading remotely, and Mutt still DOES
> suck less than the rest of TEXT-BASED mailers... But I wonder if
> it isn't only a matter of time before even that isn't true
> anymore.

Maybe you're expecting too much from mutt, as much as I am in the
other direction.