Re: How to send a return receipt

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 11:18:05AM -0400, Jing Xue wrote:
> Well, in the corporate* world where people communicate over Lotus Notes or
> Outlook, they tend to use mail receipts a lot.  And _because_ they all
> communicate over the same MUA that supports the feature, it actually does
> work and become useful.

Yep. It is as it is: Those users of MUAs that support it (actually we talk
about MUAs that take at least 50-60% of the "market share" *¹) actually don't
know
that there are MUAs that doesn't support it. Its existance is natural for them
*and* they often have a real world purpose for it. We *have* a real
purpose for it, it *is* useful for us. And note that we are not on the sender
but on the receipient side.

Regards,
Patrick

*¹ I'm aware that at least Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Balsa,
Sylpheed, The Bat!, Eudora and Apple Mail support it. In fact mutt is the only
mailer I found not supporting it (but that may just be, because i never worked
with elm or alpine)