Re: How to send a return receipt

=- Derek Martin wrote on Wed 17.Oct'07 at 10:58:52 -0400 -=

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 07:52:03AM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> > Actually, one of the things that makes mutt suck less than other
> > MUAs is that it *doesn't* have additional hundreds of
> > little-used "features" to cause bloat, bugs, user confusion, and
> > UI complication for no real added benefit.
>
> Actually I think this is a fine example of why that argument is
> total nonsense. Since SMTP support has been added, in what
> measurable way has it caused Mutt to suck more? Is the memory
> footprint *substantially* larger? Has it caused mutt to become
> noticably slower?

Note, Charles wrote about "hundreds of little-used features", while
you counter with a single example.
Add up all the hundreds little-used features waiting to be included,
then tell again.

Nobody denies that any _single_ such feature means little impact,
but why add this SMTP or return-receipt and not all the other little
goodies? Convenience applies for all equally.