Re: How to send a return receipt

Derek Martin <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Being able to say, "Mutt can do that, if you write a script to do it,
> and write a macro to invoke the script and..."  does not constitute
> support for a feature in Mutt.

Not sure why not.  The particular script or hook in question is trivially
simple -- it's not like it requires writing hundreds of lines of code or
anything like that.

Unix users commonly automate various tasks with a few lines of shellscript,
and they don't complain that the task is therefore "not supported by my
OS/shell".  I would say this situation is analogous.

> Mutt's claim is that it sucks less than all other mailers, which was
> once true; but IMO with each new feature that other mailers implement
> that Mutt does not, this becomes less and less the case,

Actually, one of the things that makes mutt suck less than other MUAs is that
it *doesn't* have additional hundreds of little-used "features" to cause
bloat, bugs, user confusion, and UI complication for no real added benefit.

As a related example, I'm still disappointed SMTP support got added.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:               http://pyropus.ca/software/