Re: How to send a return receipt

> > The difficulty with this approach is that you don't want to send an MDN
> > response any time you read the message, so you need to track whether the
> > message has ever been read and MDN-replied to.  You can do this with
>
> What? Poppycock. If the New flag is insufficient (and I would argue it
> *ought* to be sufficient), you can simply add a header to mark
> messages by manipulating the $editor variable. For example:

So in other words, you're tracking whether the message has ever been
read.  I just named one way to do it; each has its merits.

> > The patch certainly provides better functionality than hooks,
> > macros, and scripts do, given the usual constraints.
>
> I don't see what that missing functionality might be. Maybe I'm
> missing something.

I didn't say "missing", I said "better".  I haven't said there's
anything fundamentally wrong with your approach; it's just not as -- as
you said -- convenient.

But why is this an argument?

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx    NSIT    University of Chicago
 "Polka music needs to prevail."   John Ziobrowski, Polka America Corporation