Re: message dates

On 15/05/07, Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Fintan Gaughan <fgaughan@xxxxxxxxx> [05-15-07 13:36]:
> On 15/05/07, Steve Kennedy <steve-mu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Instructions are in the headers of EVERY message the list sends out.
> >If you kept the original subscription message, it also tells you how
> >to un sub.
>
> Thanks for your help Steve
> i tried un-subscribing from here first
> http://www.mutt.org/mail-lists.html and it gives me the
> Not Found
> The requested URL /cgi/mutt-unsub.pl was not found on this server.
>
> Now you said instructions shown on every header it doesn't show
> unless I select show original message on drop down box
> I will remember this in future when using Google mail Just a thought
> wouldn't it be better having at bottom like a sig like other mailing
> list do?

Note that *most* mutt list subscribers do use mutt and understand what
a header is and understand that instructional posts you receive when
subscribing to a list need to be retained or at least their content
retained for instances such as you describe.

Yes I use Mutt but I used googlemail so I can read the list at work
when I am supposed to be   working :-)
Its just that i don't see any headers in googlemail .

What makes you think that *you* or anyone else would pay more
attention to a trailer than the instructions when subscribing or those
contained in the header?  I know for a fact that the trailer is *not*
a dependable solution and can site *many* instances of people
attempting to unsub by posting to the list with the instructions for
properly unsubscribing contained in *their* post.

Yes I know that and I have seen that on other mailing list that uses
mailman have instructions on the bottom ,that was the first thing I
did was look at bottom of each mail.

Next thing I did  a search on google to which brings me to here.
http://www.mutt.org/mail-lists.html  so that did not work.
so I fired off email with the words unsubscribe to which i should
receive instruction on how to unsubscribe. that tells me that mailman
not configured that way.

So i had to post on here to which 2 people  David and Steve have
*helpfully* told me how to unsubscribe.

If you are still unable to unsubscribe, send me your password, credit
card number and pin and I will be glad to take care of that small duty
for you.

ps. I also have some off-shore beach property for sale.

God that joke is original!!

Fintan