Re: Apple mail

Some attachments, when Apple mail puts them in an email will make it "part" of
the email instead of the traditional attachment.  Plain text files are one of
those kinds.

On the senders side, when they send an email and click on the 'paperclip' to
insert and attachment, they have to click on the "Windows Friendly Attachments"
checkbox in order for it to be 'attached' as opposed to included in the email
itself.

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 08:40:52PM +0300, it looks like Serta?? ??. Y??ld??z
sent me:
> [15.May.07 17:14 +1000] Brian Salter-Duke:
> >Could anyone suggest the best way to cleanup this sort of mail? I have
> >recently received two from different people. It is a mess. The html is
> >not an attachment.
>
> >Mail minus headers follows
>
> Assuming the appropriate headers were present in the original mail, the
> problem is with the text/plain part:

> >     delsp=yes;
> >     format=flowed
>
> Content-Transfer-Encoding should be ???quoted-printable??? and charset is
> iso-8859-1, not ascii. Also the quotation is not
> properly flowed (in both parts) but it does not affect readability that much.
>
> Does it look better if you change these?
>
> You can change the content-type with the <edit-type> function from mutt.  But
> I don???t know how to change the
> transfer-encoding without editing the raw message.
>
> --
> ~serta??

+-----
joel esler | security consultant | Sourcefire |
http://demo.sourcefire.com/jesler.pgp.key