Re: message dates

* Fintan Gaughan <fgaughan@xxxxxxxxx> [05-15-07 13:36]:
> On 15/05/07, Steve Kennedy <steve-mu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Instructions are in the headers of EVERY message the list sends out.
> >If you kept the original subscription message, it also tells you how
> >to un sub.
>
> Thanks for your help Steve
> i tried un-subscribing from here first
> http://www.mutt.org/mail-lists.html and it gives me the
> Not Found
> The requested URL /cgi/mutt-unsub.pl was not found on this server.
>
> Now you said instructions shown on every header it doesn't show
> unless I select show original message on drop down box
> I will remember this in future when using Google mail Just a thought
> wouldn't it be better having at bottom like a sig like other mailing
> list do?

Note that *most* mutt list subscribers do use mutt and understand what
a header is and understand that instructional posts you receive when
subscribing to a list need to be retained or at least their content
retained for instances such as you describe.

What makes you think that *you* or anyone else would pay more
attention to a trailer than the instructions when subscribing or those
contained in the header?  I know for a fact that the trailer is *not*
a dependable solution and can site *many* instances of people
attempting to unsub by posting to the list with the instructions for
properly unsubscribing contained in *their* post.

If you are still unable to unsubscribe, send me your password, credit
card number and pin and I will be glad to take care of that small duty
for you.

ps. I also have some off-shore beach property for sale.
OpenSUSE Linux                                   http://en.opensuse.org/