message dates

Is there a way to make Mutt convert the date of messages to localtime
(i.e. display the date and time in the index in the local timezone, as
opposed to whatever TZ the sender uses)?

Problem: At work, we assign responsibility for responding to group
mail based on the time (date) of message arrival.  It's hard to deal with
this scheme when the time zone is not consistent...  I need to look at
the message headers to see when my incoming MTA stamped the date on
the message.

Thanks

-=-=-=-=-