Re: header field "References:" ?

* On 2006.12.28, in <20061228123732.GF15663@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Anders Lennartsson" <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems the need for this is sparse, so I wonder "How do you guys do
> it? Are you always subscribed?"

Basically, yes.  I'm subscribed to dozens of lists that I don't read
very often, just for the purpose of building up useful archives.  I use
procmail to match each mailing list I'm subscribed to.  It (a) sets
archive mboxes, and (c) copiesd to inbox those lists that I track daily
or semi-daily.  All others are deleted after archival, so I don't wade
through all the noise, but I have the noise available to me if I want to
listen.

If a web search turns up messages on a list I'm subscribed to, I have
only to open that list's archive to respond.

Also: in some MLMs, mbox-format archives are available to subscribers.
You could subscribe to the list but disable delivery, just to have
access to full archives.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago