Re: header field "References:" ?

* Anders Lennartsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [28-12-2006 09:17]:

> On Wed, 2006-12-27, at 21:19:48 -0600, Travis H. wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 06:49:29PM +0100, Anders Lennartsson wrote:
> > > If I'm not subscribed then mutt does not have access to that
> > > information automagically. For instance, I may be looking at messages
> > > through an archive.
> >
> > So you're, say, downloading the text of an email from a web archive
> > (or such) and then... then what?  Composing a message and pasting
> > it in?  Please explain more.
>
> Your explanation is quite precise. And to get the message sorted in
> correctly when it arrives at the mailing list daemon the information
> in the I-R-T and References fields are necessary, or at least very
> useful (as I understand it).

Recent versions of mutt contain thread editing functionality.  It will
still be cumbersome work, linking all threads, but it may be more
convenient than copying and pasting..

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

The truest visions of religion are illusions, which may be
partially realised by being resolutely believed.
-Reinhold Niebuhr