Re: header field "References:" ?

* On 28.12. Anders Lennartsson muttered:

> On Thu, 2006-12-28, at 13:03:14 +0100, Til Schubbe wrote:
> > * On 28.12. René Clerc muttered:

> > > Recent versions of mutt contain thread editing functionality.  It will
> > > still be cumbersome work, linking all threads, but it may be more
> > > convenient than copying and pasting..

> > That solves the problem for the people using mutt only - like him.
> > Others rely on the appropriate header(s).
>
> Hm, here I am confused. As I get it, it does solve the problem for one
> who uses mutt _and_ is subscribed,

Oh, yes.

> mutt does acknowledge a manually
> added I-R-T: field
> But not the field References, at least 1.5.9 in Debian/Sarge.

The same in 1.5.13 (Debian Sid).

> It seems the need for this is sparse

I never wanted to do a list reply on a message found in a mailing
list archive so far.

> Are you always subscribed?"

Me, yes.  Otherwise the people replying to my (initial) mail have to
Cc it to me.  That's inconvenient for them and if they forget it,
I'll never receive their answer.

Regards
Til