Re: how about the notion of filters for replying, etc.

On Thursday, 28 December 2006 at 09:17:14 EST,
   Dave Waxman (<dave@xxxxxxxxxx>) wrote:
> On Dec 28 13:28, Rado S wrote:
> > What could this thing do more than putting the script as your
> > $editor and let it decide what to do before or after calling your
> > real editor?
> > (for other purposes you can catch $sendmail)
>
> Now that you mention it; I guess nothing.  I guess you can file this one
> under "Feature exists" ...

$editor only gets the new message as its input, though; as I understood
it, Travis' proposal was for there to be a way for the message being
replied to to be passed to a script as well.  That would obviate the
need for kludges like stuffing info into the attribution line for
$editor to parse out and then remove, and allow for making changes in
replies where you didn't want to have any quoted material at all, and
would allow the script in question access to any info that can't be put
into the attribution line because there aren't format strings defined
for them (e.g. arbitrary X- headers).

-- Sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli - http://EthicalHomes.com/
Planning on selling your house? Ask me about how thinking like a buyer can