Re: header field "References:" ?

On Thu, 2006-12-28, at 22:02:39 +0100, Til Schubbe wrote:

> > It seems the need for this is sparse
>
> I never wanted to do a list reply on a message found in a mailing
> list archive so far.
>
> > Are you always subscribed?"
>
> Me, yes.  Otherwise the people replying to my (initial) mail have to
> Cc it to me.  That's inconvenient for them and if they forget it,
> I'll never receive their answer.

Well reading the replies at the archive is possible of course, albeit
it takes some little effort. The actual message may be convenient to
have at hand, for reading when off-line or so, and obviously when
composing a reply :-)

But wading through all non-interesting threads is also
cumbersome. Even if mutt's functions for dealing with that are really
nice.

I wonder where the best trade-off lies.

Anders