Re: howto get mutt to display "circled numbers"

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 10:03:14AM +0200, Peter Wiersig wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 04:53:53PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > The glitch is that NOW the Subject is not converted to anything
> > readable!  It's a real catch 22.  When I have euc-jp, I get
> > double-width kana, "がリ", but with euc-jp-ms, the Subject is as
> > above "^[$B$,%j^[(B".
>
> The charset in the content-type header can not and should not have
> any influence on the subject header. If you want to encode
> non-ascii chars in headers, you have to use the mime solution for

The problem here is not _en_coding, it is _de_coding.  The actual
string in the mail is: "=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCJCwlahsoQg==?=", which is
valid.

If I want to get the full range of characters for which I have display
capabilities, I essentially have to shut off character set conversions
and send the characters raw to the terminal.  This has the bad side
effect of sending the de-mimed Subject raw characters in a charset my
terminal can't display.  In normal operation where mutt uses iconv to
do charset conversions, there is no problem -- other than some characters
are not converted (actually worse than that since the whole line often
times becomes garbled).

So, I need mutt to treat the conversion differently between the headers
and the body until I can find some way to do total conversions on the
body.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba.ne.jp/~home/