Re: howto get mutt to display "circled numbers"

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 04:53:53PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:

> The glitch is that NOW the Subject is not converted to anything
> readable!  It's a real catch 22.  When I have euc-jp, I get
> double-width kana, "がリ", but with euc-jp-ms, the Subject is as
> above "^[$B$,%j^[(B".

The charset in the content-type header can not and should not have
any influence on the subject header. If you want to encode
non-ascii chars in headers, you have to use the mime solution for
headers:
http://community.roxen.com/developers/idocs/rfc/rfc2047.html

Both headers specify details about the following body part not
anything about the compaining headers.

Peter