Re: mbox-hook: broken or useless?

Thomas,

> On 2005-08-26 21:19:46 +0200, Haakon Riiser wrote:
>
>> OK, it's been a while, but I finally decided to write a patch
>> that should make mutt work the way I like.  To make it simpler, I
>> decided to drop the move-hook idea, and simply alter the behavior
>> of save-hook instead.
>
> Bad idea -- not because it's bad functionality, but simply because
> it will surprise users with existing installations.

I recently noticed that you are not Thomas Glanzmann, despite
sharing first names.  Realizing this, I'd like to change my reply
to something like: "If this functionality is something you'd
consider including into mutt's official source, I'd be happy to
rewrite the patch to meet your requirements."   I assumed that new
functionality was at the bottom of the current list of priorities,
so I didn't even expect you to read this thread, much less reply
to it. :-)

--
 Haakon