Re: mbox-hook: broken or useless?

Thomas,

> On 2005-08-26 21:19:46 +0200, Haakon Riiser wrote:
>
>> OK, it's been a while, but I finally decided to write a patch
>> that should make mutt work the way I like.  To make it simpler, I
>> decided to drop the move-hook idea, and simply alter the behavior
>> of save-hook instead.
>
> Bad idea -- not because it's bad functionality, but simply because
> it will surprise users with existing installations.

Not a problem:  I noticed how much it took to get your IMAP
and maildir cache patches accepted into the official source,
and I have no desire to go through all that just to get this in.

I made this patch for myself, and I posted it here because you
and Henry Nelson wanted to hear about it if and when I did it.
Using save-hook was simpler for me -- not only to code, but also
because I didn't have to change my muttrc, I could just use my
existing save-hooks. :-)

--
 Haakon