Re: selective smart host/sendmail choice

* On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 10:38:42AM +0200 Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> * On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 04:08:07AM -0400 David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 03:02:13AM EDT, Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:

> This and the "great" history of sendmail vulnerabilities are the reasons
> why I don't like sendmail.

I hope you don't use OpenSSH either since it has a history of
vulnerabilities.  Yes, I know they've been fixed but so has sendmail's.

> > If I were going to do that, my approach would probably be to define
> > two mailers, the smtp mailer, and the relay-to-smarthost mailer.  I'd
> > then tell sendmail to try smtp first for any given message, and
> > failing that (4xx error code) to fallback to the smarthost relay.
> > ("Can your exim do THAT?" ... hehe. . .)

While I admire your propensity to complicate matters as much as possible
David, the original question in this thread was answered quite succinctly
by Nicolas Rachins.  Mailertable is the answer.  Actually, a good question
for the original poster is why not use the non-blacklisted smart host all
the time?

Mark

--
Mark Frank
"The fix is only temporary...unless it works." - Red Green