Re: Starting to run Mutt

* On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 11:26:52PM -0500 Larry Alkoff wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:20:07 -0600, Greg Kedrovsky wrote:

> There's the rub.  Sendmail doesn't do maildir and I really need that.

That the second time you've said that.  True BUT sendmail also doesn't
do mbox or MH format.  Sendmail is an MTA.  Dealing with delivery to
mailboxes is the job of a MDA  - like procmail.

Some Linux distributions use procmail as the default MDA (like RedHat) -
don't know about slackware.

> My current mail is in maildir in Windows and I copied some old mail over from
> the Windows machine
> into ~/Mail/Inbox and could read it perfectly :-)
>
> I'm on about 45 mailing lists and probably have 150 separate subdirectories
> in 3 mail accounts.
>

> >Here is a great tutorial on procmail:
> >http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/
> >Tutorials are good. Learn by doing.
>
> Bookmarked also.  Looks long and thorough.  Will read this weekend.

Which you should read sooner than later.

Mark

--
Mark Frank
"The fix is only temporary...unless it works." - Red Green