Re: selective smart host/sendmail choice

Hello Alexy,

* On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 07:01:42PM -0400 Alexy Khrabrov wrote:

> I run all my stuff off a dynamic IP, including sendmail.  Some sites
> block the dynamic IP range, most don't.  For those which do, I resend
> the mail using another sendmail program, with submit.cf configured to
> use a smart host which is not blacklisted.
>
> Is there an easy way to resend such mail from mutt, i.e.
> selectively choose the sendmail program per post?

I'm using exim, not sendmail, but it should be the same for sendmail. I
can give multiple smarthosts to exim. My config decides upon the "From"
address, which smarthost to use. That is, if I specify a "GMX.DE"
account, it used gmx.de, if I specify web.de, it uses web.de, and so on.

I got the idea from:

http://www.tgunkel.de/docs/exim_smarthosts.en.html
http://www.linuxer.onlinehome.de/apps/exim.htm#go8 (German only)
http://www.sbsbavaria.de/intern/internet/020217.html (German only)

Possibly, you can use the same technique for sendmail, or you might want
to change to exim?

HTH,
   Spiro.

--