Re: selective smart host/sendmail choice

* On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 09:32:59AM -0400 Mark Frank wrote:
> * On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 10:38:42AM +0200 Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:

> > This and the "great" history of sendmail vulnerabilities are the
> > reasons why I don't like sendmail.
>
> I hope you don't use OpenSSH either since it has a history of
> vulnerabilities.  Yes, I know they've been fixed but so has
> sendmail's.

Well, I think there is a big difference. Any piece of software has bugs
and vulnerabilities. I'm very aware of this. Nevertheless, if a piece of
software is vulnerable because of its cryptic configuration, then this
is a big problem IMHO. I don't want a GUI - I don't need it most of the
time - but I want a half-way understandable config file, which can be
edited even without going through handbooks and getting bored reading
over and over (and not understanding). I think this is the thing that
makes exim and postfix so popular, but not sendmail.

I hope I made my point much more clearer. OpenSSH is much easier to
maintain than sendmail, isn't it?

> Actually, a good question for the original poster is why not use the
> non-blacklisted smart host all the time?

That's a thing I cannot understand either.

Regards,
   Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis