Re: sent all the postponed messages with one command

* Brad Sawatzky <brad+mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-05-04 22:34]:

> On Tue, 04 May 2004, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:
>
> > Ok, I thing, I've got it.  I'm not online all the time, that is my
> > problem. I check my mails and cut the connection.  I answer than the
> > mails (but in this time I'm not online anymore), and then press q (for
> > postponed) and not y (for imediately send), because my connection is cut
> > to this time.  Is this wrong?
>
> Queuing the mail for delivery should be your MTA's problem, not mutt's.
> Mutt talks to the MTA (sendmail, exim, etc) and is happy if the MTA accepts
> the message.
Slowly but shurely I got the message (the difference between MUA's and
MTA's job) :-)

> In other words, you should be able to hit send in mutt and not worry about
> it.  As long as you connect to the net before the MTA times-out the
> delivery (defaults to 4? days), you'll be fine.
I didn't know this! Well, I think my problem is then solved: I only have
to sent the mails (with y), wheatever I'm online or not!

> Hopefully your
> linux distribution's ppp-connect script will already include the
> appropriate sendmail commands. If not, check out the following links:
>
> <http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Mail-Queue.html>
>
> These are a little dated, so they may or may not apply (make backups of any
> file you modify!):
>   <http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/howto.hc?projet=linuxconf&id=14>
>   <http://www.linuxgazette.com/book/print/2961>
>
> -- Brad
>
> --
> Brad Sawatzky <bds9e@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> University of Virginia Physics Department
> Ph: (434) 924-6580    Fax: (434) 924-7909
Thank you all for your patience! ;^) ... but wait, my next mutt-question
comes, I still have some major/minor problems :-) and I want to use
exclusively mutt (as MUA ;^)!

Regards,
Vlad