Re: Terminal emulators that support >16 colors?

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Mun Johl wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 04:24 PM PDT, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> VL> On 2004-05-05 16:24:45 -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> VL> > xterm (see my webpage) can be compiled to support that.
> VL> >
> VL> > But I've not seen any applications other than emacs which have
> VL> > been adapted to do this.
> VL>
> VL> Is there any patch for Mutt to use more than 16 colors in an xterm?
>
> I infer from the following passage in the manual that mutt has support
> for more than 16 colors:
>
>    Mutt also recognizes the keywords color0, color1, ..., colorN-1 (N
>    being the number of colors supported by your terminal).  This is
>    useful when you remap the colors for your display (for example by
>    changing the color associated with color2 for your xterm), since color
>    names may then lose their normal meaning.

But that's not what it says.  Mutt can be linked with various flavors of
curses and slang.  None of the curses flavors currently support 256
colors.  Slang might - reading the source code - but I don't see any
reference to that on the web.  (Applications that no one talks about
are a variety of vaporware).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net