Re: sent all the postponed messages with one command

Hi Vlad,

On Tue, 04 May 2004, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

> Ok, I thing, I've got it.  I'm not online all the time, that is my
> problem. I check my mails and cut the connection.  I answer than the
> mails (but in this time I'm not online anymore), and then press q (for
> postponed) and not y (for imediately send), because my connection is cut
> to this time.  Is this wrong?

Queuing the mail for delivery should be your MTA's problem, not mutt's.
Mutt talks to the MTA (sendmail, exim, etc) and is happy if the MTA accepts
the message.

In other words, you should be able to hit send in mutt and not worry about
it.  As long as you connect to the net before the MTA times-out the
delivery (defaults to 4? days), you'll be fine.  Hopefully your
linux distribution's ppp-connect script will already include the
appropriate sendmail commands. If not, check out the following links:

<http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Mail-Queue.html>

These are a little dated, so they may or may not apply (make backups of any
file you modify!):
  <http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/howto.hc?projet=linuxconf&id=14>
  <http://www.linuxgazette.com/book/print/2961>

-- Brad

--
Brad Sawatzky <bds9e@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
University of Virginia Physics Department