Re: sent all the postponed messages with one command

Brad Sawatzky wrote:
> Queuing the mail for delivery should be your MTA's problem, not mutt's.
> Mutt talks to the MTA (sendmail, exim, etc) and is happy if the MTA accepts
> the message.
>
> In other words, you should be able to hit send in mutt and not worry about
> it.  As long as you connect to the net before the MTA times-out the
> delivery (defaults to 4? days), you'll be fine.  Hopefully your
> linux distribution's ppp-connect script will already include the
> appropriate sendmail commands. If not, check out the following links:

Queuing the mail would just be fine. The common problem is that
email relaying servers won't recognise your IP when you try to
send via them. You need to download your emails via POP before
you can send any. But, by the time you get to press G, sendmail
has already cleared the queue and returned a bunch of "email
rejected" messages. One solution would be to use fetchmail. If
sendmail -q starts after fetchmail completes downloading, things
should work fine. I should try this, too :)