Re: a little comparison of procmail and maildrop

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:59:31AM -0500, Allister MacLeod wrote:

> I think (and I'm no procmail expert.. there may be a better way to do
> this) that the following recipes would do it.  I guess it turns out to
> be about the same number of lines, just looks different :)
>
> :0
> * ^Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd\.org$
> {
>   :0
>   /dev/null
>   :0E
>   $LISTDIR/fbsd-q+n/
> }

This way, you run the risk of loosing information. You did not specify a
lockfile, thus, there are chances two procmail simultaneously writing
into your $LISTDIR/fbsd-q+n/

You should replace the :0E by :0E: (or the first :0 with :0: or ...)

Spiro.