Re: save-hooks and mailinglists

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 04:35:15PM +0100, René Clerc wrote:
> * Aron Stansvik <elvstone@xxxxxxx> [29-10-2003 16:29]:
>
> > Isn't this a feature that might be interesting? The ability to save
> > tagged messages, while still honoring save-hooks on a per message
> > basis?
>
> This isn't implemented.  But do you really want all mailing list
> e-mail to be delivered in one mailbox, and then save them to the
> appropriate boxes?  This seems like a job for procmail and the like.

Yes, I think that's how I want it. I guess this is a feature for those
of us who don't subscribe to huge amounts of mailing lists and who like
to read all of our mail. In your reply I sense that this is not how most
people do it, right? Is there a way to make the save-hooks apply
directly when I start Mutt, so that messages are in their respective
mailbox when I start reading my mail? Or any other means than save-hooks
to get this behaviour?

How do people usually manage their mailing lists when only using Mutt
(no procmail)? I know I should learn procmail, but if this could be done
in Mutt, I would be more than happy, since I think procmail is somewhat
overkill for me :)

Sincerely,
Aron Stansvik

--